If you want to pursue an MBA but don’t have time for in-person learning, an online program might be worth considering.
After all, an online MBA is flexible, accessible, and financially feasible – and that’s not all.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top reasons for pursuing an online MBA and how to choose the right program for your needs, but first, we’ll address a critical question…
Is an online MBA worth it in 2022?
The answer is a resounding yes. Online MBA programs deliver the same benefits as their offline counterparts: increased earning potential, job opportunities, and leadership skills. However, they’re also more accessible for those who don’t have the financial resources or time to accelerate their careers.
Here are some more reasons for pursuing an online MBA in 2022:
1) GMAT/CAT exemption – Entrance exams were once indispensable for applying to online MBA programs. In recent years, though, B-schools have made significant revisions to their admission criteria — exemption from entrance exams being one of them. These programs still offer a robust curriculum with tangible benefits; however, instead of CAT/GMAT scores, they rely on professional experience and interviews to assess applications.
2) Financial freedom – Because they’re primarily asynchronous (i.e., they don’t require in-person participation), online MBA programs allow students to continue working and caring for their families while advancing their careers.
3) Affordable – Online MBA programs ensure students attain high-quality education without the debt and hardship associated with traditional MBAs. Most offer flexible financing options and full scholarships to bridge the affordability gap.
4) More individual attention – On-campus MBA programs can only offer students a limited amount of time and attention. However, that’s not the case with online MBA programs. Most online management courses include workshops, seminars, group discussions, and doubt-clearing sessions to support students’ learning goals. A few also provide mentorship to ensure strong learning outcomes.
5) Customized learning – Unlike traditional MBA, online MBA programs (especially part-time programs) allow students to pursue more than one specialization, decide how many courses to take each semester, and complete the degree at their own pace (from 21 months to six years).
6) Enhanced digital fluency – Because they deliver their entire curriculum online, distance MBA courses help students stay ahead of the digital curve. By combining cutting-edge technology with innovative pedagogy, they put students at the forefront among employers.
7) Improved cultural Fluency – Online MBA courses, by their very design, foster cultural awareness and sensitivity. In doing so, they train students to accommodate different sensibilities and perspectives and thrive in multicultural workplaces.
8) More networking opportunities – Contrary to popular belief, online MBA programs offer students plenty of networking opportunities. For instance, most of them facilitate dialogue via discussion boards, Zoom sessions, and local meetups. A few even leverage instant messaging services to foster real-time participation.
9) Increased global business awareness – Because they study with professionals from around the world, online MBA students have a better grasp of global business affairs and the skills required to thrive in multinational organizations.
10) Increased job opportunities – A survey conducted in 2019 found that 53% of online MBA students received promotions and job offers, while 20% received a pay raise during their time at school. These findings illustrate that a B-school education is immensely useful, regardless of how it’s delivered.
Online MBA programs have myriad benefits. However, they’re only apparent if you pick the right option. As an MBA aspirant, you’ll encounter hundreds (if not thousands) of courses that promise career advancement; however, it’s up to you to decide whether they meet your personal and professional requirements.
We at Harappa School of Leadership know that finding the right MBA program can be stressful. That’s why we created India’s first outcome-driven management course — the Accelerated Management Program (AMP).
Designed and delivered by a world-class faculty, the AMP combines management theory with expert insights, case studies, and industry projects to take learners beyond functional skills. Additionally, it’s the only program of its kind to guarantee placements.
To expand your career options, start your AMP application today!
Divya Mathur is a postgraduate in International Relations and writes about communication, leadership, and teamwork in organizations. She is passionate about simplifying professional development and helping learners overcome workplace challenges.